Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cloth-Quick Project-Valentine's Day Photos

Sprinkles and hearts and jigglers oh my!


Many years ago the husband gave the wife a camera.  I had cameras before but never really fell in love with photography until that particular camera.  I recently upgraded to a DSLR but I still hold a special place in my heart for the Olympus the husband gave me.   I am in no way a professional photographer.  I am not even a good photographer as far as working the camera goes.  I do however think I manage to capture a few good shots here and there….probably mostly by accident and thanks to the advantage of having a ton of digital space to take a bunch of crappy shots to get one keeper.


We have a wall in our reading nook that contains a hodge-podge collage (that’s a mouth-full) of cheap frames that I painted dark brown.  I recently started to change out the photos seasonally.  When I went to select Valentine’s Day photos I realized it was slim pickings. 


Picture time

My favorite type of photos are macro/close-up.  So after a bit of digging around my cupboards and closets I had a the makings of a photo shoot.


With Valentine's Day just around the corner you may not be able to incorporate your photos into this year's decor but by golly you will be ready for next year!


Ideas:
*Sprinkles
*Cookie Cutters (hearts, X,O,love)
*Make Jello Jigglers
*Scrabble letters
*Draw a heart with a Crayon
*Flower pictures especially roses that you may have taken in past years
*Red/Pink confetti or glitter
*Valentine's candies/chocolates
*Hit up Pinterest for a million more!











No comments:

Post a Comment