Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cloth - Easy Chevron Laundry Wall Art


When I started planning the laundry remodel I knew I wanted to incorporate a bunch of fun patterns.  What is more fun or trendy than chevron!

I am so excited to finally get to share this project.  I actually finished these up a few weeks ago but didn't want to show them off until I could put them up on the black and white stripped wall. 

Swoon...I am in love!

Project Ranking
Difficulty - Easy
Frustration - Low
Makeability - 100% Worth It

Materials
Fabric
Card stock paper
Cricut (or some other stencil method)
Frames
Cutting Mat (optional)

My frames were from Ikea.  I wanted pretty thin frames as I didn't want them to stick out from the wall too much as the space in the laundry room is pretty tight.  I didn't want to keep getting caught on the frames and yanking them off of the wall.

Instructions

Step 1 - Iron and measure out your fabric. 

Step 2 - Decide on your wording, size, and font.  Cut out your letters.

Step 3 - In order to easily arrange the lettering in the frame I used a quilt cutting mat.  I arranged my frame face down.  Lay out your letters facing backwards until you get the location and the spacing you like.  You can use the hash marks on the mat to get even spacing.  Carefully fold the fabric down over the letters.  This is the trickiest part as the letters could move a bit on you.  I didn't glue my letters down in anyway but that would probably work out great.


Step 4 - Close up and hang.  Easy peasy.

Cheap and quick wall art.


I am really happy with the way the color and pattern contrasts against the black and white wall.  The laundry room is starting to all come together...finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment