Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cloth - Quick Project - Bunnies and Bunting


Did you know Easter is next week?  I have no idea how that happened and no one consulted me. 

I am ashamed to say that until a few days ago I still had up all of my St. Patty's day decorations.  I knew there was a reason why I never put up St. Patrick's day decs before.  There is no time between Valentine's Day and Easter! 

With visitor's coming for the weekend I had to get my keester in gear, take the leprechaun legs down, and get some bunnies up. 



Project #1: Spring Bunting


No big whoop here.  Fabric + Ribbon = Bunting

Project #2: Spring pictures for my frame gallery in the reading nook.



Project #3: Fabric Bunnies


Instructions for these super cute bunnies along with a pattern can be found from  The Long Thread for Etsy.


As you can see I ended up leaving the faces off of mine.  I was going for a bit more primitive feel.  I may end up putting faces on later...I can't decide.  They were originally designed to be used as bowling pins for a children's game but the weighted bottoms (I used beans instead of rice) make for nice stand-up decorations.

They came together really quick with low frustration which is a great quality in a last minute craft project.

Project Ranking:
Difficulty- Easy
Frustration - Low
Make-ability - 100% worth it

You won't be able to make just one...you know bunnies...if you make one you will end up with a bunch of them in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment