Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baby Monsoon

Back in January I was lucky enough to have some very good friends throw me a baby shower.


I should call it a baby monsoon!

What an afternoon filled with family and friends all to celebrate the upcoming arrival of baby girl.

It was a combination work/friend/family shower and it was perfect.  Because both the husband and I work at the same place (and have for 12 years) we have a bunch of common friends/co-workers...all of whom are very excited that we are finally pregnant.

There were fun decorations...

Amazing homemade gummies for take home gifts...

Yummy foods...
 

Great friends...
 

And presents...practical presents...

Super cute presents...


Handmade presents...

 
And more presents...!

I seriously do not think we will have to buy clothes for an entire year (but I probably still will!).

I did learn one thing.  Opening a bunch of adorable baby gifts when you are 8 months pregnant and have a raging double chin does not lead to the most flattering pictures.  Seriously could I make anymore stupid faces!

One of the highlights for me was that the shower was planned around my Mom's visit for the holidays. 

As an only child this will be my Mom's first grand baby and it was very special to have her at the shower.  I broke down a bit while opening her gifts as I know she had been waiting for that day a long time. 


I couldn't have better friends, those memories will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment